Suggest a feature !

network playback sync across different computers/instances of millumin

it would be great to have the ability to sync up multiple computers/instances of millumin across a network for video wall-like applications

404 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    liuboliubo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael VoccolaMichael Voccola commented  · 

I find Millinum superior to WATCHOUT from a user experience perspective. I'd really like to see the ability to to scale Millinum to support more outputs in the way WATCHOUT allows content to span across multiple machines and would be willing to pay a significant premium to make that possible.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Your GUI layout is so easy to use and very intuitive. It would be great if you could sink multiple machines together through a network.
        (Windows version would be nice also).

Your features are much more intuitive than in Watchout. If you could have the sync with multiple machines. You have a much better product than WO.

Kim
        (watchout op for over 12 years)

• Philip HamiltonPhilip Hamilton commented  · 

Love this idea!
        Other benefits:
        The backup system can follow without manipulation until it is needed.

Don't know where we would visualize all of this... In our Millumin's eye view?

• lotechlotech commented  · 

ProVideoPlayer2 has a really good network sync feature which is close to frame accurate. It would be great to have a 'sync to slave' option which then also sync'd any actions on the main computer.

• emanueleemanuele commented  · 

and manage all media from one computer that copy the correct files on each millumin's computer connected to a specific beamer.. roughly watchout

• IsmaelIsmael commented  · 

This is a great idea controll all machines with a master timeline like a wachtout and digital sky.
        I hope to see you soon in action.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

control the play and pause en différentes parameter from one computers/instances to other sync. can be use for wall and for différente screen in exhibition for exemple.

• Anonymous commented  · 

"master machine could control the time position for all the compositions"

Sound great!

We need this feature...

• Philippe ChaurandAdminPhilippe Chaurand (Admin, Millumin) commented  · 

Hello.

I digged this a bit, and it's technically possible.

i'd like to start by a simple synchronization mode.
        What's about synchronizing composition/timeline position ? Every computer could have a different composition, and the master machine could control the time position for all the compositions.

Tell me what you think about this.

Best,
        Philippe

• Søren KnudSøren Knud commented  · 

This is one of the most amazing things, and I think that "Watchout" is doing this really well, and it is a great way to sync things. Hope to see it here too !!!!

• jorgejorge commented  · 

seria muy grande

Feedback and Knowledge Base